The mission of the McDowell Honors College of Leadership and Service is to provide our most dedicated high-achieving students with a small learning community that provides a structure for superior academic performance, leadership experiences, and community service opportunities.
If you are a student who...
- pursues rigorous and challenging coursework
- is committed to physical and mental health
- values school and community service
You are a PERFECT candidate for the McDowell Honors College!
Reasons to Choose McDowell Honors College:
- Attract scholarship offers to prestigious post-secondary institutions
- Access to priority scheduling
- Receive special recognition on transcript and at graduation
- Experience Honors College as a School-Within-A-School
- Establish friendships with like-minded students who value education
- Promote personal growth through service to others
Honors College Documentation
- Requirements and Suggested Activities (73.046 KB)
- Leadership Plan 11th and 12th grade (105.086 KB)
- Service Learning Verification Form (162.783 KB)
- Service Log (175.042 KB)
- Honor College Program Requirements Student/Parent Acknowledgement (175.423 KB)
- Freshman and Sophomore Essay Guidelines (300.236 KB)
- Junior and Senior Honors Leadership Essay Guidelines (197.972 KB)