2021-2022 Health & Safety Overview
Jul 27, 2021
HOW MANY DAYS PER WEEK IN SCHOOL?
- MTSD students K-12 will attend in-person learning 5 days a week
- Return to normal arrival and dismissal times at Elementary, Middle School, and High School
- Schedules and Class Assignments available Friday, August 13, 2021
MASKS IN SCHOOL?
- Determined by the Center for Disease Control's Weekly County status
- VIEW THE CURRENT STATUS HERE
CDC Levels of Community Transmission- defined as total new cases per 100,000 persons in the past 7 days
Low, 0-9 new case | Moderate, 10-49 new cases | Substantial, 50-99 new cases | High, ≥100 new cases
defined as total new cases per 100,000 persons in the past 7 d percentage of positive tests in the past 7 days
Low, <5% | Moderate, 5-7.9% | Substantial, 8-9.9% | High, ≥10%.
HAS ANYTHING CHANGED THIS YEAR?
- Building closures determined in collaboration with local DOH by identification of in school spread "clusters"
- Specials (art, gym, music, etc.) ability to resume with sharing of equipment
- Field trips to resume
- Healthy volunteers and visitors are welcome back
- Lunches in cafeterias without shields
- Outdoor group recess
- Return to extra-curricular and sports schedules
- Normal use of lockers and no bookbags
- NO desk shields
- Sports fans back in the stands
- Building closures based on the total # of positives within schools return to
- Specials in homeroom with no sharing of equipment (art, gym, music, etc.)
- No field trips
- No volunteers and or visitors on campus
- Limited lunch and recess
- Virtual extra-curricular and limited sports schedules
- Limited locker use and carrying bookbags
- Use of desk shields
- No or limited sports spectators
WILL MY CHILD STILL NEED TO QUARANTINE?
- Quarantine is required if exposed within 6ft for 15 consecutive minutes or more to a positive case of COVID-19
- If you are vaccinated and voluntarily provide status, quarantine will not be required.
- If you are exposed and were wearing a mask at the time of exposure (classroom setting for example) and were more than 3ft apart, Quarantine is NOT required.
WILL WE STILL RECEIVE POSITIVE CASE NOTIFICATIONS BY PHONE, EMAIL, AND TEXT?
- No. Unlike last year, the impacted school building families will not be notified of each confirmed positive Covid-19 case.
- Only identified close contacts or individuals exposed who are requiring quarantine will be sent home with a letter at the end of the day.
- Any student not in the school building, parent, or guardian will receive a call home from the Pandemic Team.
- Current case counts can be viewed anytime online at www.MTSD.ORG/COVID
WHAT WILL BE THE SAME THIS YEAR?
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Hand hygiene and sanitization
- Maximum building ventilation
- All students will receive an individual learning device (Chromebook)
- Students/staff will self-screen prior to arrival, only attend in-person if healthy
WILL THERE BE DESK SHIELDS?
- No, desk shields have been removed for 2021-2022 school year