Millcreek This Week 8/31/21
Aug 31, 2021
Welcome Back Videos with Dr. Roberts
As part of our commitment to increasing communication across the district and lifting up student voices in their school experiences, Superintendent Dr. Ian Roberts met with a few MTSD students to film Back to School Videos gearing up for Day 1, TOMORROW, SEPTEMBER 1, 2021.
Have a Smooth First Day on the Bus!
- Please have students ready to board promptly on the first day of school. Pick-up times are a rough estimate.
- We recommend that students be at the bus stop 10 minutes early for the first few weeks.
- After schedules have normalized, please be at the stop five (5) minutes before the bus arrives.
- Per district policy, the bus will wait at your designated stop for (30) thirty seconds. Continued and regular tardiness will result in loss of transportation service.
- For the safety and security for all students, parents/guardians are not permitted to enter the bus at any time.
- Per district policy, students are not permitted to video/record other students.
- Drivers are not permitted to change routes or stops.
- Please do not make requests of the bus drivers or ask too many questions while at the bus stop. Please be courteous to the other families along the bus route waiting for the bus to arrive on time for their children.
- Students are only permitted to use the bus stop listed in their Infinite Campus account.
- Bus routes typically run late on the afternoon runs during the first couple weeks, until schools and students become familiar with the procedures for the new school year.
- Please label your kindergarten students with their name, address, bus number and stop for the first two (2) weeks of school. We also recommend labeling their belongings.
- Recording cameras for video and audio are in use on each bus to aid behavior management.
- Students which do not use the bus for 30 days will be removed.
- Reinstatement of a scheduled stop will take 5 – 7 Business days.
- We go to every stop in the AM (unless there have not been students at the stop for 30 days), however, in the afternoon we go point to point (only to the stops that match the students on the bus).
- Point to Point will cause fluctuations in drop-off times (early and later than the scheduled time).
- FirstView App is highly encouraged to track the bus location.
- All forms that are received after the start of the school year will take 3-5 business days to complete.
- Call First Student at 838-1602
- Call the MTSD Transportation Office at 835-5323
If you have questions regarding your child’s transportation
Don't Forget to charge your child's device.
Here's a friendly reminder from I.T. Supervisor Tim Moseley to charge your child's device tonight so it is ready for the first day of school tomorrow.
NEW! Complete Your Students 2021-2022 Required Start of Year forms with INFINITE CAMPUS!
Sign in to the Parent Portal or access Infinite Campus using the mobile app!
Select MORE at the bottom of the left menu and then "ANNUAL REQUIRED FORMS" at the bottom of the next menu.
A new window will open, select BEGIN REGISTRATION to then review and submit the e-signature for your child's required start of year forms including:
- Student Code of Conduct Consent
- Media & Photo Release Consent
- Emergency Contact Information
- FERPA Consent
All required forms are due by September 30, 2021.
If you experience technical difficulty please contact your building principal or email@example.com
In the event of a shift to temporary virtual learning for one or all of the MTSD School Buildings, planned procedures are in place and can be reviewed at any time.
Temporary Virtual Learning Days will occur for the following reasons and are pre-planned for the following dates in 2021-2022
PRE-PLANNED VIRTUAL LEARNING DAYS
- ELECTION DAY - NOVEMBER 2, 2021
- ELECTION DAY - MAY 17, 2022
Flexible Instruction Days (FID) will be in place in the event of inclement weather or power outages for example. The FID replaces previously used "Snow Days". If an FID is announced for the District or your child's school building the Virtual Learning Plan below will also be implemented.temporary virtual learning plan