Temporary Shift to Virtual Learning Beginning 11/30/2020
Nov 19, 2020
Good Morning Millcreek Township School District Families,
Earlier this week, the Pennsylvania Department of Education met with School District Administrators and Leadership to provide their recommendation for all PA Schools to begin transition to 100% Virtual Learning. The recommendation and guidance is based on the rising positivity rate amongst the counties, a current substantial status for Erie County, and the need to mitigate any exposure or spread of COVID-19.
At this time, MTSD has decided to shift all schools from A/B Hybrid Learning to 100% Virtual Learning beginning Monday, November 30, 2020.
The return date for face-to-face, on-campus instruction will be evaluated based on all/or some of the following data points:
- MTSD Positivity Rate
- Erie County Positivity Rate as reported by the DOH
- PA Department of Education guidance which states, 14 consecutive days within the moderate range
The current Erie County and MTSD COVID Data and definitions can be viewed on the dashboard at www.mtsd.org/covid
During the Virtual Learning time-frame winter athletic practices and competitions beginning Monday, November 30, 2020, may be postponed.
Virtual Learning Expectations:
- Students will attend classes following the Google Classroom assignments provided by the teacher during this time. All attendance will be monitored through Infinite Campus and assignment participation and completion.
- Contact School Building Principals with any questions or concerns with learning expectations during Virtual Learning.
- Classroom Teachers will be contacting students with any additional information.
- During the temporary 100% Virtual Learning period, students should contact School Building Principals to arrange any necessary supply pickups.
Health & Safety:
CALL 814-835-5340 - KRYSTAL KRAWCZYK - PANDEMIC COORDINATOR
- As you may be aware, due to the rapid increases in positive cases, the Erie County Department of Health has requested assistance from all Pandemic Teams at area School Districts to conduct contract-tracing.
- The Millcreek Township School District Pandemic Team will now be conducting all contact-tracing for the MTSD community of students and staff.
- If you have been notified by the Pandemic Team to isolate or quarantine please stay at home and do not have contact with anyone outside of your household for the dates provided to you. The Pandemic Coordinator will provide your household information to the PA Department of Health.
- To further help our Pandemic Team in protecting the community from additional exposure, please contact the MTSD Pandemic Team if you or anyone in your household experiences symptoms or is testing for COVID-19.
Food Service for families in need:
Meals Requested for students during the 100% Virtual Learning period beginning Monday, November 30 should request their meals online at https://www.mtsd.org/district/departments/food-service/meal-order
- Meals are available for pick-up at four locations
- Belle Valley
- J.S. Wilson
- McDowell Intermediate High School
- Meals are provided for 1 week at a time
- Deadline to submit orders is the Wednesday prior to the Monday pickup
Thank you for your continued support,
Dr. Ian A. Roberts
3740 West 26th St. Erie, PA 16506