Google Classroom & Learning App Help for Parents
Virtual Learning Resource
The following videos and slide decks have been developed by our teachers to provide students and parents with information that will help them navigate specific products that will be used by all teachers this school year:
- Clever: a Single Sign On System
- Google Classroom: the District’s Learning Management System
Additional help can be found on the IT Help and Resources page.
In this video, you will see how a student can log on to our Single Sign on System. Clever allows students to sign on - one time, which then makes many other products they will be using during the day. What a student sees on their Clever site is dependent on their grade level.
This video and accompanying slide deck will provide the viewer with an overview of Google Classroom. You can view the video alone, or if you access the slide deck, you will also be able to open the links mentioned in this video.
By viewing this video you will find out how to login to Google Classroom, you will be provided a brief overview of the classroom from a student’s point of view, how to locate student assignments, and an example of an elementary resource used via Clever.
A Look Inside Google Classroom
From a Student’s Point of View
The following videos were created by a few of our teachers to provide parents and students with a look inside what a Google Classroom looks like. Like each teacher, each video is a little different. We have videos from various grade bands K-2. G3-5, G6-8, and G9-12.
A special thank you to the following educators who created the amazing videos and slide deck:
- Kathy Gebhardt, Grandview, Kindergarten Teacher Grade Level Chair
- Mindy Harmle, Chestnut Hill, First Grade Teacher, Grade Level Chair
- Kathy Wiest, Chestnut Hill, Second Grade Teacher, Grade Level Chair
- Amy Sturm, Grandview, Fourth Grade Teacher, Grade Level Chair
- Carisa Matlak, Chestnut Hill, Fifth Grade Teacher, Grade Level Chair
- Erin Anderson, Westlake, Grade 7 Social Studies Teacher, Middle School Social Studies Department Chair
- Mark Schilajew, MIHS, Grade 9 Geography Teacher, Literacy Club Advisor, Media Club Assistant, and Library Liaison