Supportive Services for Veteran Families
This service is available to veterans and their families. Veterans must be experiencing a housing crisis, meaning they are homeless or at risk for homelessness.
The goal of the program is to promote housing stability among very low income veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. Case management is provided through Life Coach Services.
- Temporary financial assistance for rent: Up to a maximum of 5 months per year and 8 months in a three-year period.
- Security/Utility deposits: Maximum of one security deposit or one utility deposit in a three-year period.
- Moving costs: Maximum of one time assistance during a three-year period and a maximum of three months for short-term storage or until the veteran secures permanent housing, whichever is shorter.
- Utility payment assistance: Must be currently due or in arrears. Maximum of two months assistance in a twelve-month period
- Vehicle repairs: Maximum of $1000 car repair assistance/maintenance in a three-year period.
- Veterans must reside in Erie County, PA or Ashtabula County, OH to receive assistance through the Erie office.
- Income must be at or below 50% of the area median income as established by HUD
- Must be experiencing a housing crisis (homeless or at risk for homelessness)
- Head of household must be a veteran who was not dishonorably discharged.
- Must provide proof of identity for all household members
- Must provide income and asset verification
- Upon referral to SSVF, must enter the process through Navigation and see a Housing Support Specialist
1128 State St. Erie, Pa 16501, Suite 205
Veteran Outreach Specialist
DD-214 (member 4 copy)
• Income/asset documentation
• Verification of housing status
• SSVF Self-Declaration of Income
• SSVF Self-Declaration of Housing Status
• SSVF Homeless Certification Form