2020 Student Device Plan
MTSD Student Device Plan
New for the 2020-2021 School Year ALL students will be provided with a device for learning on-campus and at-home.
- NEW! K-8 Students will be provided with devices for use in the classroom.
- K-2 will be issued ipads
- Grades 3-8 will receive Chromebooks.
- NEW! Grades 9-12 are able to B.Y.O.D - Bring Your Own Device!
- Grades 9-12 students who are in need of a device for at-home or on-campus learning will be issued a chromebook upon request.
- McDowell Chromebook Request Form complete this form to submit your device request for the 2020 School Year. This is only required for grades 9-12 students who will NOT BYOD.
- K-12 Devices and accompanying chargers should be brought home for Virtual Learning Days.
- 100% Virtual Learning students and Millcreek Cyber Academy students in need of a device for at-home learning will be issued devices by their homeschool building prior to the first day of school.
- All K-12 Parents and students should plan to bring devices to and from school charged based on their assigned A/B schedule.
- K-8 parents who would prefer not to transport their issued devices to and from school but rather use their family's personal device at home on Virtual Learning days may do so. Please communicate with your child's classroom teacher on this preference following the first day of school. Your child will still be issued a device for in-class use as BYOD is not offered at the K-8 level.**
- Please see the Drop Off & Pick Up Schedule below for details on when devices will be available for pick-up.
Virtual Learning & Millcreek Cyber Academy Students K-12 Device Pick Up & Drop Off Schedule
Students who are attending in-person on-campus on the First Day of School, Tuesday September 8, should wait to be issued their device in the classroom. Students in the White (B) Group should wait to be issued their device in the classroom on their first on-campus day on Wednesday, September 9.
Virtual Learning & Millcreek Cyber Academy Students K-12 Device Pick Up & Drop Off is scheduled for 4-6 pm at the School Offices beginning Monday, August 31 and ending Thursday, September 3, 2020. Schools have been assigned designated dates as follows:
- Monday, August 31: Chestnut Hill & Belle Valley
- Tuesday, September 1 : Tracy, Grandview, Asbury
- Wednesday, September 2 : JS Wilson, Walnut Creek, Westlake
- Thursday, September 3: McDowell Intermediate & McDowell Senior High School
If you student is still in possession of a device which was issued this past spring, please bring that with you to exchange for a new device for the 2020 School Year.
Please remember to wear a mask when visiting the school buildings for device drop off or pick-up.