WHO WE ARE
Mission & Belief
The Millcreek Township School District's mission is to provide a world-class education that prepares students to reach their potential as life-long learners and responsible citizens.
We believe that...
Families play a critical role in student success
Each student is important and should be treated with dignity and respect
All students should have the opportunity to participate in academic programs that are relevant and rigorous
A learning community embraces diversity and allows individuals to achieve their maximum potential
Learning is a life-long experience and does require different approaches
Comprehensive Plan as of 2021:
Building Foundations for Life
Millcreek Township School District serves the second largest suburb of Erie, PA - Millcreek Township. Founded in 1805, humble educational beginnings in a one room school house and have grown to serve over 6,500 students within ten school buildings. Amongst the schools, MTSD employees 471 teachers K-12 and over 400 support staff from custodial, food service, health and well-being, classroom aids, mental health specialists, academic counselors, and administrators.
The educational experience and expertise of the MTSD teachers and staff, supported by dedicated administrators and collaborative leadership is able to provide students K-12 opportunity to explore the arts, music, athletics, technology, career-readiness while focusing on academic success.
Millcreek Township is home to over 55,000 residents and has experienced increases in residencies and commercial businesses steadily over the past five years. The community has a strong commitment to not only their students education but also the experiences Millcreek Township School District offers throughout the school ages. The Board of Education, District Leadership, and School Administrators are committed to all stakeholder groups including residents, families, teachers, staff, and students and encourages all groups to communicate and participate in school related meetings and activities year-round.
- A focus on socio-emotional learning
- iPad or Chromebook for every student
- Individualized learning plans to meet every student's need
- Experienced Pandemic Team including Healthcare professionals to manage COVID mitigation & safety
- Arts & Music Programs at all schools
- Full range of supports & services for students with disabilities
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Intervention Program
- 5 neighborhood Elementary schools, 3 neighborhood Middle Schools, and one shared campus at Grades 9-12 for Millcreek Residents and their family
- English Language Learner support programs
- Enrichment and acceleration for academically gifted students
- Online Parent Portal for school communications, grades, and attendance
Millcreek Township School District Education Center
Superintendent: Dr. Ian Roberts
Hours: 7:30a.m. - 3:30p.m.
Address: 3740 West 26th Street, Erie, PA 16506Phone: 814.835.5300
10 Amazing School Buildings
Elementary Schools (K-5)
Middle Schools (6-8)
High Schools (9-12)
- McDowell Intermediate
- Grades 9 & 10
- Grades 11 & 12