Skip To Main Content

Student Work Permits

Work Permits may be obtained electronically (during mandated closure):

Can I still obtain working papers for employment? 

Yes, there is a process in place for parents/students who need to secure working papers.

  • The work permit application will be filled out electronically and e-mailed to with a picture of acceptable proof of age (passport, birth certificate, etc.)
  • An e-mail will be sent back to confirm receipt of all documents or to let the parent know what is still needed.
  • The blue work permit will be picked up at the Millcreek Education Center, Monday through Thursday from 7:30-3:30 and on Friday 7:30-1:00, by appointment only.
  • To schedule an appointment, email Denise Tarasovitch. (include the student’s name, parent’s name, and phone number)

Please allow up to 2 weeks for this process. Only one blue work permit is to be issued – please keep it in a safe place and do not give to the employer.

Under the new Child Labor Law, there will only be one work permit rather than three. The new work permit will apply to all minors age 14 through 17 and can be used for more than one employer.