- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by Central Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
Vacation requests will continue to follow current procedures.
- Parents will download the vacation request form from the website.
- The form will be completed and submitted to the school.
- If approved, the form will be forwarded to Central Attendance to for entry into Infinite Campus.
- School will communicate with parents.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit excuses electronically or as hard copy.
- Parents can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents have option to submit absence, early dismissal, and late arrival on the Campus Parent Portal. Absences submitted and approved via the Parent Portal do not need an excuse.
- If hand written excuse is needed, please turn into the school.
Parents are asked to notify school if student will be arriving late.
- Parents will be able to submit via Campus Parent Portal, email or call Central Attendance when student will be arriving late to school.
When student arrives at the school:
- Students will check in at the front window.
- There will be scanners at the desk;
- Students should have their ID card ready to scan
- Campus Student will display barcode to scan
- Or, students can tell the staff member their ID number
- Or, staff member can look up the ID number
- If student has an excuse for late arrival, it will be given to staff member at the front desk.
Student Leaving Early
If a student needs to be dismissed from school early:
Parents are strongly encouraged to notify Central Attendance of known early dismissals.
- Parents can enter on the Campus Parent Portal, call or email Central Attendance.
Due to COVID, parents are asked not to come into school to pick up students.
Missed School Work
Parents should call their student’s school directly to request missed work after the third day of absence.
Central Attendance Process
Infinite Campus Parent Portal request for absence information.
If you have questions:
Leave us a voice message at 814.835.5327 or email us at email@example.com